Saturday, July 2, 2011

Long time no post

Hello blogger world,
This is July 2, 2011, 7 months have passed...... I can't believe it, its all surreal still. There has been so much change go on and so much that Sandy wanted to see and be a part of. I know she is still a part of it, always watching over us and knowing what is going on. I just wish the physical presence was there as well.

Every day it seems as if someone asks "how are you doing?". I go with the generic everything is going ok or good. Which I believe they are as good as they can be for what we are dealing with. The kids and I have our health, a roof over our heads, and food to eat. I can't say as things are going great, because to be great would be to have our family of four still and none of this debt that I am avoiding. I don't see how getting into all of that with someone that asks how things are going would accomplish much and I don't want people to feel pitty for us. There are people out there that have it much worse than us.

Its also hard when people ask the kids where their mommy is or they ask me where she is. There is always and awkward pause then I explain to them about the situation. Then there is another pause and an oh, I am sorry. Then usually we go about our separate ways. It does, but doesn't bother me. I don't mind talking about Sandy in fact it helps me, but when the kids are around and they look at me with their big eyes I can see how much it hurts them. I talk to them and they talk about Sandy and we always have good memories to share. There is a lot of things that would be easier with Sandy still here to help out, but we are making our ways and starting new things and it is a learning process. People also say that they couldn't imagine doing what I do on a daily basis. I think anyone in my situation would be just as capable if not more capable than me on doing the things I do. There is a lot I need to work on, but again it is a learning process day by day.

Well I just wanted to give a little update on how things are going. They are going ok and we are doing fine. We still have an amazing support system. Thank you for everyone involved.

1 comment:

Derricca said...

Thanks for the update Andy. What a great daddy! Big hugs from the cuz! :)