Wednesday, November 24, 2010

......

Hey everyone, its Andy posting and update. This is not one I want to post, but feel as I need to. Today, 11-24-10, I was helping Sandy around the house walking from the couch to the bed to the bathroom and back to the couch and she looked at me and said that she needed to go back to the hospital and could not do it like this anymore. This coming from Sandy, if you know her or have read her blog posts or have heard about her is very disheartening. Sandy is not one to want to go to the dr or the hospital. It is a last resort for her. She got taken off of her trial drug last thursday because it had stopped working. For the past three weeks Sandy has gotten steadily worse in functioning, but since Saturday I've noticed a big difference in her energy, strength and all around demeanor. Sandy has no strength at all and even going out of the house or even being awake for an hour at a time wears her down and makes her sick to her stomach.(as if she wasn't already sick to her stomach). Well her local oncologist came in today and said from looking at the scans they did today as compared to the last ones a few weeks ago he wanted to give us a straight answer and not beat around the bush. He stated that it may be as little as days if that for Sandy. (we are praying and hoping for the miracle that will prove this wrong and be something for the medical books to write about) Sandy is not one to give in like I said before. She even joked with me and her best friend Lindsay that she has to have more than just days because we got given tickets to go watch the Tennessee Titans play on December 5th and she couldn't miss that. I don't know what else to write on her but Sandy does enjoy visitors, cards, e-mails, or just thoughts and prayers and she is admitted to MTMC in room 545. I still say that 5 West has the best nurses of anywhere. On another note as of 11-22-10, I have been married to an amazing woman for 7 years and I want to be selfish and have many more to come so bring on the prayers! Oh my sister, her husband, and my 5 and a half WEEK old niece came to visit so Sandy could meet litle Sophia and they are watching our kids at our house until they have to head back to Iowa on Friday. Sandy really perks up when she sees Sophia, its an amazing site.

16 comments:

candi said...

Just wanted you all to know that I have started a prayer chain with my church and that we love you all.
Love,
The Lampley Family

KathrynEgbert said...

Andy I have met you and Sandy through this blog, facebook and your mother. I have been a silent observer of the struggle you have both bravely faced this past year. As I wrote on your mother's page my heart is breaking for you and your family. You are an inspiration to others facing difficult stuggles in their lives. I do beleive that miracles can still happen and will join the others in praying for that miracle for your family. Kathy

heather said...

You have been so blessed in many ways and blessed so many others. Our hearts prayers and constant thoughts will continue to be with you.

Melissa from Puddin Pop Designs said...

Hi Sandy, We have never met but I live in Murfreesboro too and we have some mutual friends, so I feel like you are my neighbor, sort of. So *hugs* to you! I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and your precious family today. May the peace of God be with all of you today.

Michelle Swainey said...

Andy and Sandy- praying hard for you today and always. You are both such strong people, and I've been blessed to be able to "peek" into your lives through this blog. Andy you have grown into an amazing man, husband, and father. I'm proud of you! Sandy- hang in there hun and know that many people that have never met you love you!
Love, Michelle

MelissaFairchild said...

Sandy and Andy, We have already started an emergency prayer chain at our church this past Sunday and emails have been sent to I don't know how many people. My family and I have been praying since day 1 and will continue. May God bless you and continue to work miracles. With all our love from Florida,
Melissa (@PrincessLilla) and family

Benton Family said...

Sweet, sweet friend. You know I am praying. Love you dearly.

He is God. He is on His throne, and He makes the calls...stay strong, continue to fight.

I love you.

Kandra

Foxy Momsie said...

I have been reading both your posts. You both serve as an inspiration to humankind. Your strength and courage are admirable. My thoughts and prayers are with Sandy and the entire family. God bless your two little children. Don't lose hope ... God works in His wonderful ways always.

Life with Lynnie said...

My family, friends and I have been praying for Sandy and family. While it wasn't encouraging reading today's entry, I believe that nothing is impossible for God. So, I am believing that it is God's will to heal Sandy and provide for all the needs of your family. Blessings... Lynn (from Life with Lynnie)

Vee said...

Love you both, and praying for healing for your family.

Amber said...

My thoughts are with you and your family. Sandy, you are such an inspiration to everyone, and I wanted to thank you for sharing your journey with us all. It's amazing how strong you are in the face of so much adversity.

Anonymous said...

praying for you and your family!!! Our whole small group from church is

Derricca said...

Stay strong! We are praying, and passing it along!

cassiopia81 said...

Hey Sandy and Andy, praying for you guys hard and thinking about you everyday. Girl, I love you with all my heart and love your spirit and your strength. You are the one I look up to. Keep being strong baby girl! love you!

Just me said...

My thoughts & prayers are with you & Sandy xxx

Gwen said...

Andy, you are such a great husband to stand with Sandy in this fight. You are a hero in my eyes. Sandy, I have never seen such a brave and beautiful soul so determined to fight. You are such a good mom, wife, daughter, and sister and your family loves you so much. I am so honored to know you and see the spirit you have to love more deeply every day. Your precious family is in my prayers.